BUTTSHOTS!! Yes, they happen. Some dogs (about 10%) are natural posers and others (the other 90%) turn their back to the photographer any chance they get. To avoid dogs turning away when you are trying to take a picture, keep your distance. This is in particular important with . . .Read More
1) There is no dog trainer or dog training method that can guarantee 100% success.
Nevertheless, some overzealous trainers advertise a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you use a dog trainer that has such a guarantee you basically give them a blank permission to do whatever it takes to make your dog . . .Read More
DOES YOUR DOG LOVE YOU? Do you have a picture that shows the bond with your furry baby? I would love to see it. The picture that has received the most likes by Wednesday, June 5th at 8:00 pm EST will win a mini photo session with k9photo.org plus 5 digital images from the session for sharing on social media.Read More
The strikingly beautiful girl just turned one on March 1. Maggie weighs 57 lbs is super athletic and great with kids, dogs, and cats. She is the wonderfulRead More
Sometimes you wonder how certain muds come about. In this case, the mother was a Heeler/Jack Russell/Chihuahua Mix, and the dad was a Black Lab. With this crazy combo, it is hard to imagine what the little pups look like. And they all look different and range in size from . . .Read More
Earlier morning I was biking with my son Kayden in a nearby park. About 10 minutes into our ride he signaled me to slow down and pointed to something in the middle of the trail in front of us. Once we got closer, we saw two motionless turtles on top of each other. The turtle on the bottom had already retrieved into the shell . . .Read More
I have to admit that I am not a big fan of dressing up dogs for pictures. Putting antlers on a dog for Christmas or bunny ears for Eastern is about as far as I would go (have gone). As we know, there are always exceptions . . .Read More
When Yogi was just 4 weeks old he was taken away from his mother and put on the front porch of a stranger (in the middle of the winter) where he spent the next 4 weeks of his life. Now at the age of 8 weeks, he is . . .Read More
It was a mild summer night in July of 1993. I was strolling along the banks of the river Rhein close to downtown Cologne, Germany. The city lights were reflecting on the river, creating some bizarre shapes and reflections. As I was getting closer to the large railroad bridge that is feeding into the heart of Cologne, I could finally see what I would describe as one of the most beautiful settings in Germany. A larger-than-life cathedral that is reaching far beyond any other building in downtown Cologne. It took over 600 years to build the cathedral and it is hard to comprehend how those who embarked on building this magnificent construction were able to create something so massive when they started in 1248 AD.Read More
I grew up in a country with more rainy days than sunny days, but I always enjoyed taking my dog for a walk regardless of the weather. For me, there still is no bad weather, just "inappropriate clothing" as my high school running coach used to say.Read More
You love your dog more than life itself, but even though your new smartphone has a great camera you just can't seem get a decent picture of your dog (or cat) that captures the true personality of your little furball. The pictures are either . . .Read More
It was raining cats and dogs and this had been going on for days. It was raining so hard that my 4 dogs didn’t waste a single thought on going outside to do their morning business.
This always concerns me, because the plush carpet in my walk-in-closet might feel grass-like, but really isn’t a great alternative. Past experiences have taught me that it is wise to keep the door to my closet closed on rainy mornings.Read More